Get Started On The Camino de Santiago by reading this helpful guide and travel memoir to the Spanish Pilgrim Trail with all the necessary checklists, tips and statistics to help you not only plan your journey, but be inspired to go!
This guide is based on a family’s journey taken in September 2006 and includes a section on ‘A Day In The Life of a Pilgrim’
Award winning author Jonathan Drane took his wife Penny and three children on a life changing journey on the Camino de Santiago, and wrote a book called The Way of a Thousand Arrows which won a national Australian award in 2007.
Now Jonathan and Penny have written this detailed guide to help you plan your journey on Spain’s famous pilgrim trail; The Camino de Santiago.
This guide will introduce you to:
– A detailed account of the family’s journey in the form of maps, altitude charts and distance statistics.
– Evocative photographs of the beautiful Spanish countryside and towns that the family travelled through.
– A detailed checklist for preparing for the Camino including tips on boots, packing, weather, when to go and medical tips.
– An account from personal experience of ‘A Day In The Life of a Pilgrim’ which includes a sample of the experiences that many pilgrims experience along the way.
– Frequently Asked Questions based on Jonathans author talk series where he presented to hundreds of potential pilgrims.
– Internet links to helpful web sites and resources for your own journey.
Guide to the Camino de Santiago, Jonathan and Penelope Drane, 20008, Greenshoot Investments Pty Ltd.
Also by the Author: